Copper Tongue Scraper
Living Libations’ Copper Tongue Scraper is a magic mouth wand for your cleanest mouth ever. Tongue scraping with copper, which is naturally antimicrobial, is a quick and easy habit that improves your oral ecology and your well-being. Tongue scraping – an ancient Ayurvedic oral care remedy - eliminates bad breath, prevents cavities, improves internal organ function, and aids digestion by ridding the mouth of bacteria, build-up, dead skin cells, food particles, and fungus from the surface of the tongue.
Adding this practice to your daily oral care regimen is a simple, powerful way to improve your sense of taste, monitor your internal health, and remove periodontal plaque.
1 tongue scraper
How to Scrape Your Tongue
- Check tongue for changes. Before scraping, examine your tongue in the mirror. Note the color of your tongue and the texture of any film or buildup. Look at your tongue every time you scrape so you can closely monitor its health.
- Scrape back to front. The majority of bacteria that collect on the tongue hang out near the back where it is dark and warm. Gently glide across the surface of the tongue, scraping from the back to the front.
- Rinse between each scrape. Rinse the scraper with warm water to remove the residue that has collected on the scraper.
- Repeat 7 to 10 times. You may find that quick strokes of the scraper are more effective at removing buildup than one long scrape.
- Wash. Use soap and warm water to clean the Copper Tongue Scraper after each use. Use one of these natural sanitizers on the scraper once a month:
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to one tablespoon of baking soda. Rub the mixture onto your scraper with your fingers or a dry cloth and then rinse with water.
- Mix salt with a few teaspoons of vinegar or lemon juice and pour the mixture over your tongue scraper. Rinse with water and dry before using.
Founded by Nadine Artemis – beauty philosopher, aromacologist, author, and botanical muse – and her husband, Ron – a lifelong yogi - Living Libations creations are high-vibrational, deeply connected to Mother Earth, and emanating authenticity in every drop. They create products that are as much medicine for the skin as they are a salve for the soul.
A wealth of knowledge about all things natural, the Canadian duo behind Living Libations have elevated purity in beauty to the next level. Integrity, soulful and sustainable sourcing, and respect for Mother Earth are pillars upon which the Living Libations brand is built; they believe strongly in working directly with farmers and suppliers who share their commitment to ethical and regenerative sourcing and transparency. Hand-crafted in small batches in their first-of-its-kind headquarters in Toronto (think: solar-powered, yoga space, organic chef), these products live up to the mantra that is infused into every ounce of Living Libations: real to the feel.