Don't Bug Me! Bug-Off Stick
With a moisturizing base of virgin shea butter and jojoba oil, this highly effective natural bug repellent lotion bar stick features a blend of essential oils that includes lemon eucalyptus, which is recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention as an alternative to DEET! And packaged in an eco-friendly, recyclable, compostable cardboard push-up tube, it's convenient to take with you on the go as you embark on adventures near and far.
Organic virgin shea butter, organic jojoba oil, organic beeswax, organic neem oil, organic lemon eucalyptus essential oil, organic cedarwood essential oil, organic citronella essential oil, organic lavender essential oil, organic rosemary essential oil, organic lemongrass essential oil, organic basil essential oil, organic thyme essential oil
For best results:
- Apply to the skin as often as required paying special attention to places that bugs like to bite you
- Apply to the pulse points on your body. These areas, which have more body heat due to the warmth of your blood, are the best spots to apply a scent that you want to last a bit longer. Pulse points are located behind your ear, at the bottom of your throat, on your wrist, inside your elbow and behind your knee
- If wearing short pants or shirts, add few good swipes up and down the arms and legs
- Most effective if applied about 5 minutes before venturing outside
- If you are pregnant, please discuss the use of any product with your health care provider
- For small children or those with sensitive skin it is recommended that you do a patch test prior to using, and if you have any questions, check with your health care provider
- Please have adults do the applying and do not apply to children's hands
- Avoid contact with eyes--in case of eye contact, wash eyes with plenty of water
Founded in 2001 by former nurse and science teacher, Ida Friedman, Chagrin Valley began as a soapmaking hobby that soon blossomed into so much more. As Ida’s career experiences in medicine and science evolved, she became increasingly concerned about how many toxic chemicals were present in skincare products and the adverse effects they had on us, our children, and our planet.
Believing – and living – deeply in environmental stewardship, Chagrin Valley works hard as a family-owned and family-operated business to be vigilant about their impact on the environment. Reusing, recycling, and composting every day are a part of their business ethics, and they are always deeply mindful of how their daily activities affect Mother Earth and her inhabitants. They only use organic ingredients in their creations, sourced from very well-researched local farmers and small businesses that share their commitment to environmental responsibility. All products are crafted in small batches in their Chagrin Valley, Ohio studio, and all packaging is recyclable or compostable.
Another beautiful cornerstone of Chagrin Valley is their support of pollinators like bees and butterflies. Knowing that these wonderful beings sustain our ecosystems and produce our natural resources by helping plants reproduce, the Chagrin Valley team has created pollinator-habitats at their homes and soap factory by providing food (nectar plants), shelter, water, and larval plants (plants that the butterfly caterpillars like to eat). Each year they are adding more and more native plants to their gardens.