When we are craving pancakes, these are the ones we bring to life. Nutrient-dense, delicious, and family-friendly, these Beet Pancakes unite emmer farro flour, blueberries, biodynamic beet powder, yogurt, and ghee. The result? A morning favorite that's packed with protein, micronutrients, calcium, vitamins C, D, and K, healthy fats, and bioavailable iron...not to mention abundant in flavor! Drizzle with a bit of maple syrup, and savor every bite as you nourish from the inside-out.
3 cups emmer farro flour (or any flour you prefer)
1 Tbsp yogurt
1 cup frozen blueberries
2 Tbsp Dr. Cowan's Garden Three Beet Powder
3 Tbsp ghee
1.5 tsp baking soda
2 large eggs
Maple syrup for serving
1. Place flour in a bowl and add enough water to cover by an inch. Add the yogurt and mix thoroughly. Leave overnight in the fridge.
2. In the morning, add to the batter: blueberries, beet powder, melted ghee, baking soda, and eggs. Mix until well combined.
3. Ladle batter onto oiled (ghee works beautifully!), well-heated pan. Cook until bubbles form on top.
4. Flip and cook a few more minutes until browned on both sides.
5. Serve with your favorite maple syrup or jam (we love to enjoy ours with a side of green or herbal tea). Enjoy!